2020 was a tough year for most of us, but with challenge comes opportunity. The changing landscape presents new ways to improve your companies marketing strategies. There is huge value in content marketing and optimizing this for your SaaS company is critical for its success. That is why we thought it would be good to offer you 3 tips for SaaS companies to improve your marketing in 2021 and beyond.
According to a study by ProfitWell, SaaS companies that use content marketing see 30% growth rates and 15% higher retention rates. Some companies may be afraid of investing in content marketing due to not seeing results, but according to a study by Nectafy, the ROI in one case was 647%!
Now that I have your attention, here are 3 Tips For SaaS Companies To Improve In 2021 And Beyond to gain more insights, credibility and hopefully clients!
1. Post Educational Content that provides value to readers.
- Answering common questions about your industry will bring users
organically to your site.
- The users coming to your site will be more qualified because they are looking for answers and could be in the market for your software.
- If you can answer the user’s question, they will be more likely trust you as an expert and look at your company as an industry leader.
- Through the content you can show how your software could solve a problem that the user has.
- Create a guide to solve the user’s issue or question, this guide could be behind a subscription or membership wall.
2. Create exclusive gated content accessible through signing up for an
- Companies with gated content can grow a subscriber list which can lead to highly qualified leads for your software.
- Create updated/reoccurring content emails that send to your
subscribers to stay top-of-mind, build long term relationships and position yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
- Use different kinds of media for your gated content such as videos, webinars, or product demos.
- Collaborate with others in and outside of your industry to generate content that can reach new audiences and/or receive warm introductions to your collaborator’s audience.
- Learn more about digital marketing now, as well as examples for your own company’s content through our blog.
3. Offer original content like webinars and case studies that can show the
necessity of your software.
- Outside of blogs, webinars and case studies are the most popular form of SaaS content.
- This content can be shared by other companies or blogs which will generate organic traffic to your company and will position you as an expert in the subject.
- With more people driven to your original content you will have more information to create better client personas. With the new client persona information, you can find what the best keywords are to acquire more traffic to your website.
- When you have successful (highly visited or viewed) content, then you can use this information to position your product to be a solution with these insights. The information you will find is how to best reach your customer and see what types of content they resonate with.
- Follow up on successful content by revisiting it with new information or insights you have found.
There you have it, the top 3 tips for SaaS companies to improve your marketing in 2021 and beyond. If your company is looking for new ways to generate leads, gain a better understanding of the market or become a thought leader in the industry you are in, original content marketing is the best way to proceed.
Another great way to stay on top of current trends and best practices in SaaS Marketing is to subscribe to Augurian’s SaaS Scoop. Our SaaS Scoop has expert tips/insights about SEO, SEM Analytics, Content Marketing and more.
The Scoop is a digital resource built exclusively for SaaS marketers with expert insights from the leading edge of digital marketing innovation, which can help move your marketing efforts forward! Sign up today and join the movement!
Wanna chat SaaS marketing? Contact us.